Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Peter Piper

These peppers aren't the only things getting picked today. I bought Paul a box of 22 short shells and a digital coyote call to "pick" some coyotes tonight. Nate is out with him right now, and asked that his Dad not to pull a Cheney on him. We didn't latch the chicken pen last night and two coyotes raided and killed four chickens...of course they didn't get the ones I wouldn't have missed such as the extra roosters, but instead they got a couple of the special ones that I hatched and two black auracauna hens that I was waiting to see what colored eggs they laid. So bye-bye coyotes.

UPDATE:

The coyotes are safe. I don't know why you were even worried, the great white hunters came back empty handed. Turns out Nathan is not the best partner for a stake out, (something about dancing around with the spot light), and one of the 22s was dropped and broken in the barn on the way out, and the other gun jammed. Not to mention a bunch of nosy cows wanting to know why they weren't invited to the party. Hmmmm....do I hear coyote giggling?

No comments: