Saturday, November 28, 2009

Heritage Homestead Thanksgiving Craft Fair

We had beautiful weather the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Nathan couldn't come with us, but Adam and Madeleine rounded out our party. We got to watch the barn go up this year, and the presentation was facinating. Mostly about northeastern barns from the 1800s. The kids had homemade fried cheese, corny dogs and huge servings of ice cream, while Paul and I had farm raised burgers and sweet potato fries. I enjoyed the craft barn the most, and was almost enticed to begin keeping sheep and learn fiber crafts. I bought a huge harvest basket to pick produce in the garden, and a soap shaver to shape my homemade soaps. Jessie and Maddy bought a pottery kit with three big blocks of clay. Although I wouldn't let the kids bring home any puppies, I did bring home 12 barred rock pullets that are now brooding in the pantry.

No comments: