Monday, March 30, 2009

8:30p. We got a little over 10lb tonight. I got the dairy pellets this afternoon, so things should be looking up. Before closing shop, we rearranged animals again so that everyone would have cover from the rain. We've got a stormy night forecast. I also put Skittles in a kidding pen because she is looking so close. I'm glad we've warmed up again. Today Jessamyn started a batch of No Knead Bread. It was such an easy and successful recipe for me on the first try, that I thought it might be good for Jessamyn to enter into the Creative Arts festival at the upcoming livestock show. I also started a batch of cottage cheese, but used buttermilk instead of cultured buttermilk, so it probably won't turn out.

P.S. (And this is a BIG note to myself) Please remember to check the halter on Abby calf. Paul discovered that it had gotten seriously tight and was most likely causing her problems...I felt terrible for not noticing earlier.

No comments: