Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cold calves

That is the goat barn in the background. We are waiting on the trim to come in to finish the exterior, but the walls are finished out with sheathed insulation and plywood to about four feet high. That makes it nice and cozy on the inside for the goats and the dogs. Unfortunately the cows don't have any cover. They were wet and hunched over in the snow this morning and the two poor little jersey heifers where shivering to pieces. They had gotten soaked from the heavy rainfall we had last night. I moved them in with the goats so that they would have protected shelter, and I also moved out a round bale for them and another one for the cows, gave everyone cubes, and cleared tools and scraps from the back section of the barn to make more room. My tractor had also sat out overnight and the snowy seat was very chilling to my seat! I barely made it in time for a 9am appointment with Pam (fitness trainer) at the gym, but I told her that I had already done a warm up!

No comments: