Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mary and May

Our Nubian doe Hyacinth had her illicit crossbred twin doe kids April 22nd midmorning. I hadn't intended to breed her until next year, she is a yearling, but she had an unplanned rendevouz with a young Saanen buck. Fortunately she did not have any kidding problems - I was worried about it. I had been wanting to do a recorded grade cross between the Nubian and Saanens, but had't conciously made the decision yet! Anyway we got a pure white Saanen looking kid with Nubian ears....that's Mary. The second twin was an intersting tricolored Nubian looking kid with Saanen ears...that's May.

I am milking four does with a milker. I am trying to place the four bottle bucks from Skittles and Angelique so I can retain more milk.


Mary



May



"I'm scared!"

No comments: